Creative Marketing Intern
Location: Roanoke FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Position: Internship 01/09/2023
Branch Group is searching for an Intern to join our Summer 2023 Internship program. We are searching for rising college sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are pursuing degrees in web design, graphic design, videography/photography, or related disciplines. Our program is designed to provide a structured and supportive learning environment whereby the Intern will develop impactful skills and attributes necessary for a successful career in the marketing and design industry. Our team is forward-thinking, dynamic, creative, fun, and fast-paced.
- Our interns will be tasked with the actual responsibilities of the Marketing team but with the training, support, and mentoring necessary to cultivate their development.
- May assist with the development and upkeep of websites, develop and update a variety of marketing materials, and produce or edit videos and photos.
- Interact with multiple business units and departments with a wide range of assignments from the office to a construction site.
- Participate in team meetings, learn marketing project management, meeting project deliverables, proofing, and production standards.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action steps
- During the final stages of the program, the intern will prepare a presentation outlining their experience at Branch and work with other interns across the company.
- Portfolio required for consideration.
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography/Videography, Web Design, or Communications.
- Courteous and professional attitude when dealing with co-workers, customers, and the public.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Travel may required. A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is mandatory.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within a team setting.
The qualifications listed below may dependent on your field of study:
- Experience in building websites, wireframes, and storyboards.
- Comfortable in Adobe programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator.
No direct reports
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers/scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Typical office days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Periodic visits to job sites and offices as assigned.
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and condition of employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.