Summer Intern, Workplace Experience
Emerson Collective is an organization designed to develop opportunities and solutions in education, environment, immigration, and health equity through philanthropy, creativity and investments. Established and led by Laurene Powell Jobs, Emerson Collective brings together entrepreneurs and academics, artists, community leaders, and more to build solutions that spur measurable, lasting change. We work collectively to make the greatest difference possible.
Emerson Collective Internship Program
Emerson Collective’s summer internship program places college-aged students in paid internship opportunities across Emerson Collective and our affiliate partners XQ Institute, E Pluribus Unum, and Chicago CRED.
Rising college sophomores, juniors and seniors across all majors are eligible to apply to all roles. Current law school students may apply for internships with the Legal team at Emerson Collective. Students that are pursuing a career in marketing or design may apply for internships with the Brand Creative Studio at Emerson Collective.
The Emerson Collective Workplace Experience Team strives to provide a best-in-class experience in our offices for our staff, visitors, guests, or anyone else who comes into our space. We want to provide a great environment for the Collective to do their best work. We have offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, New York City, and Washington DC. Each office has at least one member of our team, and they are responsible for the day to day operations of keeping a clean, safe, and efficient working environment. This is accomplished through hard work and exceptional attention to detail.
The EC Workplace Experience intern will support our team in the following areas:
• Assist in the development of a best in class workplace experience
• Help evaluate workplace experience vendors
• Provide research for our sustainability goals
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Rising college sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality as interns may encounter sensitive information.
- Flexible and adaptive work ethic when asked to contribute to special projects across different teams as they arise.
- Competent problem-solving and confident self-starting skills.
- Passion about social impact, including fighting poverty, improving schools, making government work well for all, environment, and/or immigrants’ rights.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to respond to new ideas and projects with enthusiasm and a sense of possibility.
- Creativity and resourcefulness when solving problems or completing tasks.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills, including time management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to develop materials for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to maintain a team-oriented approach and thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic environments.
- High standards for accuracy, quality, and integrity.
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C. This position is located in New York, NY and is onsite 40 hours/week between June 10th and August 2nd, 2024.
November 21 - January 5: Internship applications accepted and interviews commence on rolling basis
February 10: All interviews complete. Please note that not all applicants will be selected for interviews
March 1: Final day to extend EC internship offer
March 15: Final day to confirm participation in internship program
June 10: Internship program begins
August 2: Internship program concludes
All EC Interns are paid $25/hour and can expect to work 40 hours per week from June 10th to August 2nd (eight weeks). Interns may also receive travel and housing stipends as needed.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.