Scientific Student Co-op (6 months)
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal. Right now we’re looking for current students and recent graduates to join us to do career defining work.
A career in Consumer Science where none of us stand still.
The Consumer Science and Product Experience group ensures the consumer-centricity of specific innovations within a category and/or a region pipeline. As a co-op position you will help to carry out all aspects of product testing, such as writing questionnaires, supplying participants with study materials, data analysis, and report writing. You will also participate in focus groups, consumer interviews, and social listening exercises. The co-op position will gain expertise in sensory design, product storytelling, and presentation skills. The role touches the entire innovation lifecycle, from ideation to product launch, as well as product optimization post-launch.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
This position offers the unique opportunity to work on brands such as Robitussin, Tums and Advil, designing consumer centric products to meet our customer’s needs and wants. The position will support flavour research and consumer sciences basic needs. Some areas of support may include:
- Be involved in the design and execution of internal Employee studies, focus groups, and trained panels.
- Draft informed consent forms, test plans, discussion guides, screeners, and questionnaires.
- Issue reports for the studies done following the Haleon guidelines.
- Consolidate flavour trends – globally and regionally, general and category specific. Organize and present result.
- Work closely with R&D team.
- Review and summarize scientific manuscripts.
- Support other team member in the logistics and execution of any consumer testing needs.
Overall, this co-op will help to educate the student about connecting with the consumer to deliver on business objectives. Current undergraduate and graduate students looking to pursue a career in sensory science and products research are encouraged to apply. The Co-Op program would last a minimum of 6 months.
To recognize your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritization and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- Strong communication skills
- Can-do attitude
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity:
- Currently have active student status and/or recent graduate (within 12 months post-graduation) from either a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree program in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or Biological science or Sensory, Food, Market Research Sciences. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Able to start in January 2024
- Able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week)
- 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA
- Basic statistical knowledge, and familiar with Compusense software and MS Office is preferred
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of, their employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization
Other requirements: Must plan on coming to our Richmond, VA offices at least three times per week or as needed.
Role start date: January 2024
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We flex the way we work so we can be at our best, where possible, and with agreement between line manager, team and individuals. We acknowledge not all colleagues can flex locations depending on their roles and that we don’t have all the answers. Yet.
We invite you to apply as soon as possible. The way we see it, every day is an opportunity. And we are joined by new talent, every day. We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications.
Role start date: January 2024
The hourly rate for this role will be $22-$24/hour.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help you. We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.