Summer 2024 Undergraduate Intern in NYC - Research
Experience Mission-Driven Care
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. In collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, ground-breaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care.
Summer 2024 Undergraduate Intern - Project Coordinator - Research
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens, we are on a mission to mentor the health care leaders of tomorrow. This highly selective paid summer internship program is designed to give current undergraduate Juniors/rising Seniors (Class of 12/2024 and 05/2025) exposure to some of the most crucial operational departments of the hospital. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion. NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens will be offering 8-week summer internship positions from June 3 through July 26. We have one internship opportunity are within the Lang Research Center.
At Lang Research Center, clinical trials are studied for new treatment and diagnostic approaches in patients. As a community teaching hospital located in one of the country’s most diverse neighborhoods, the Theresa and Eugene M. Lang Center for Research and Education emphasizes the importance of conducting clinical research in a community setting. The Intern will support the Lang team of coordinators and assistants to provide support to doctors in the hospital through research-related projects.
Involvement in a variety of projects, including the following:
- Learn about leadership and management in the healthcare environment, by working side by side with one or more key executive leaders with the organization.
- Involvement in research projects.
- Presentation at completion of internship highlighting knowledge gained and lessons learned.
On-site in Flushing, Queens, NY.
- Undergraduate students from the Class of 12/2024 or 05/2025
- Students studying in a field of science, for example: biology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, etc.
- An interest in research or medical college after undergraduate study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
- Ability to prepare documents and reports on a timely basis; well organized and able to prioritize; excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to identify problems and utilize analytics to determine trends and root causes; must be able to recommend and communicate solutions.
- Required to take clear direction and carry out directives from leadership as assigned; some level of independence required to communicate back to key staff and present reports and information accordingly
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, November 24. Submit a cover letter.
- Talent Acquisition will review applications and follow up with selected candidates for recorded interviews in December
- Virtual Interviews with hiring managers will take place in January
- Selected candidates to be notified by February 2
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.