Summer Intern - Analytical Development
Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
The Insmed Summer Internship Program gives students an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a corporate environment in the pharmaceutical industry, receive mentoring from highly skilled professionals, and work on dynamic team projects. Our 12-week 2024 Summer Intern program is a full-time (40 hours per week), paid internship.
The internship may present opportunities for rotational assignments within the function, and the intern will be assigned goals and objectives that will support the strategic business plan of the company.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Support and execute tasks related to process improvement projects.
- Execute scientific experiments within a fully functioning laboratory, including potential hands-on experience with scientific lab instruments like HPLCs or UPLCs.
- Maintain proper documentation as per established guidelines.
- Perform data analysis using Excel.
- A final presentation to the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development group at the end of the internship.
- Any other additional duties as assigned.
This role will also allow for opportunities to connect and network with members from different functional groups.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Currently in full-time pursuit of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or advanced level degree in chemistry or chemistry or biology .
- High level understanding of general wet chemistry techniques and statistical analysis.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) corporate values: Collaboration, Accountability, Passion, Integrity & Respect; along with any other position specific competencies.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.