Summer Intern - Development Operations
Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
The Insmed Summer Internship Program gives students an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a corporate environment in the pharmaceutical industry, receive mentoring from highly skilled professionals, and work on dynamic team projects. Our 12-week 2024 Summer Intern program is a full-time (40 hours per week), paid internship.
The internship may present opportunities for rotational assignments within the function, and the intern will be assigned goals and objectives that will support the strategic business plan of the company.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- During the internship, this role will look across the Dev Ops groups and recommend innovative ways to leverage common technology to work smarter as a group e.g., utilization of Teams, SharePoint Sites
- This role will have the opportunity to rotate between the four Dev Ops groups: Clinical Trial Operations, Clinical Business Operations, Clinical Program Optimization, and Medical Writing and Trial Transparency & Disclosure. The responsibilities may change based on the group they are supporting at a given time
- Shadowing of individuals in various roles within Dev Ops (e.g., Clinical Trial Manager, Clinical Trial Assistant, Trial Master File Specialist, Clinical Finance Manager, Medical Writer, Trial Transparency and Disclosure Manager, Vendor Alliance Manager, Clinical Process Manager)
- Support of special projects and work group initiatives with a goal to enhance Dev Ops ability to conduct efficient, high-quality clinical trials
- Attendance of Clinical Study Team and Dev Ops meetings to learn more about the Drug Development process and how cross-functional teams work
- Review of trial related documents, spreadsheets, and systems to assess the accuracy and completeness of information (e.g., clinical site generated documents, Trial Master Files, financial spreadsheets, protocols, etc.)
- Interested in pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Currently in full-time pursuit of a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or advanced level degree in a science related or accounting discipline e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Nursing, Accounting
- High level understanding of what clinical trials are and their purpose
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) corporate values: Collaboration, Accountability, Passion, Integrity & Respect; along with any other position specific competencies.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.