Social Media Intern (REMOTE/UNPAID)
If interested in receiving credit, check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
This is 6 - 10 hours per week REMOTE/UNPAID Internship for Winter/Spring 2024.
We give children in hospitals, children's homes, and hospice organizations the opportunity to write/illustrate stories about anything they want. We distribute those stories to songwriters who turn them into songs and send them back to the kids. See how it works in this piece USA Today did on SMAS with Michael Franti.
We are in need of an individual with very strong communication and graphic design skills to help spread Sing Me a Story's mission via social media. The intern will receive real-world communication experience with individuals in a professional setting. Further, the applicant will learn various social media and online marketing strategies while helping to spread the organization's mission.
- This position will work closely with Director of Operations to increase awareness of Sing Me a Story through local marketing and media initiatives, as well as working on special events and other projects as directed
- Work with area stakeholders to obtain and create social media content
- Work to create a social media calendar that includes event/project coverage
- Post social media content on the following 3 platforms: Facebook and Instagram and LinkedIn
- Monitor traffic to the various social media platforms to drive engagement from audience
- Schedule content on all holidays and special events
- Assist team in getting video content to be used on social media and help with video editing as necessary
The perfect candidate will have a passion for music, creative writing, children, philanthropy and a strong work ethic. Also, strong communication and writing skills are a must. This remote position will be closely mentored by Sing Me a Story Staff. You can read internship testimonials here.