Internships in Frederick, MD (Multiple Openings)
At AstraZeneca, our purpose is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We believe the best way we can achieve this is to put science at the center of everything we do. It is this commitment that drives our ability to discover, develop and deliver the advancements the world needs in complex and difficult diseases like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes
The Internships will be a 10 week summer program starting 06/03/2024 and ending 08/09/2024. This is a paid, full time (40 hours/week) position at the Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) located at 633 Research Ct, Frederick, MD 21703. Over the course of the summer, each intern will perform department specific day to day activities as assigned by their supervisor. Each intern will also be assigned a key project of which they will be responsible for leading, executing and reporting out on to Site Leadership and staff. Internship managers and mentors will guide and coach interns throughout the summer. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in various lunch and learns, connect with departments from throughout the site, participate in local service initiatives, and participate in site-based social activities to gain a broad understanding of all functions and culture at the FMC.
Learn more about the FMC in this video.
Internships at the FMC for Summer 2024 are in the following Areas:
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Including information systems and microbiology based roles
- Includes Upstream, Downstream, Technical Operations, and Science & Technology divisions
- Sustainability & Reliability Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Site Operations
- Process and Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Digital Innovation and Business Systems
- Project Management
Individual roles' requirements vary by position. The below are applicable to all:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in an area related to the role
- Suitable candidates will be returning to school at the close of Summer 2024. Current Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are encouraged to apply!
- Engineers (Biological/Biomedical, Mechanical, and Electrical), biosciences, and chemistry majors strongly encouraged to apply!
- Ability to work onsite 5 days/week at the Frederick Manufacturing Center. Relocation assistance is not allocated.
- Roles at this site are not CPT/OPT eligible.
- Basic understanding of technical areas related to functional area of internship position.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint