Student Athlete Academic Support Services Tutor
We are now looking for Spring 2024 tutors!! SAASS tutors will provide instructional support in specific academic subjects with the addition of study skills, as necessary, for student athletes.
This position entails the following duties:
- Meeting with a student-athlete for a scheduled session to promote independent learning for a specific course - sessions may be scheduled on a weekly basis or as needed throughout the semester;
- All sessions can only occur on the 3rd floor of Lane Stadium during our open hours of Monday – Thursday: 8am-9pm, Friday: 8am-5pm, and Sunday: 6pm-9pm.
- Identifying and addressing study-skill needs in the context of tutor sessions; Preparing and submitting accurate records of tutor sessions in a timely manner; Maintaining a high level of knowledge in your specific academic subject;
- Maintaining tutorial skills through attendance and participation of tutor training sessions throughout the semester;
- Knowing and complying with the policies of the SAASS tutorial program.