Winter Co-op/Chemistry Process Development
Are you looking for an impactful role that leverages your technical skills, organizational skills and ability to build exceptional relationships with trusted global partners to develop an increased number of transformative medicines for our patients? If so, this Chemistry Process Development Co-op role in a rapidly growing, empowered, innovative and agile Strategic External Development (SED) organization developing transformative medicines could be an ideal opportunity for you. SED is a global multidisciplinary department consisting of seven teams supporting specialty products that require externalization for CMC development through to commercialization.
- Based on the current GSK oligo projects: set up the Starting Material (SM) database and structure-related analytical control; understand the various SM specifications from amidite manufactures; collate impurity classes, incorporation types and limits etc.
- Generate database of chromatographic (HPLC/UPLC and GC) and NMR based method results for identification, characterization, and impurity profiling of SM, as well as critical impurity-related analytical methods and other methods as needed.
- Work directly with internal customers to ensure data requests are complete and comply with standards.
- Data gathering & understanding the issues, Master Data gap analysis.
- Stretch goal: generate a database tool able to support targeted search of data and impurity levels, types across 3 oligo assets and able to add to as more assets arise.
- Pursuing a MS or PhD in Chemistry.
- Analytical chemistry or nucleotides chemistry background with solid understanding of organic chemistry and analytical tools.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the 6-month co-op (January 2024 ~ June 2024).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, possessing interpersonal skills to effectively work with analytical development and other departments at various levels and with CROs and external consultants.
- Self-motivated, flexible, ability to handle repetitive work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role or hybrid role, and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location, are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
Interested in learning more? Register now on our digital learning platform (GSK Get Ahead - Connectr) where you can access interview and assessment hints and tips, speak to a mentor and learn more about life at GSK.