DMPK Spring Co-Op
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op to join our Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As a Co-Op, you will participate in novel research that contributes to our understanding of drug metabolism.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct in vitro enzyme activity studies using subcellular fractions and or hepatocytes isolated from liver
- Operate or assist in operating automated liquid handler systems
- Conduct bioanalysis of in vitro samples using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry systems
- Document work in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Must be a current undergraduate, graduate or advanced degree student in good academic standing
- Student must be enrolled at a college or university for the duration of the internship
- Overall cumulative minimum GPA from last completed quarter/semester 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) preferred
- Major or minor in related field of internship
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 12 credit hours at current college or university
- Graduate and Advanced Degree students must have completed at least 9 credit hours at current college or university
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with liquid chromatography and or mass spectrometry
- Basic understanding of enzymology
- Experience operating safely in a laboratory environment
- Competent use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using GraphPad Prism
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Compensation: This position offers an hourly rate typically between $20/hour and $33/hour commensurate to the level of degree program in which an applicant is actively enrolled. For an overview of our benefits please click here.