LC/MS Protein Analysis Co-Op
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Spring Co-Op to join our Drug Metabolism/Pharmacokinetics department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As a Co-Op, you will work with scientists to learn and assist in developing state of art techniques for protein bioanalysis using LC/MS systems. Your projects will involve primarily with HDX-MS for protein analysis.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate state-of-the art HDX, LC/MS and HRMS systems.
- Optimize sample preparation workflow for HDX and LC/MS quantitation.
- Develop HDX-LC/MS method for analysis of protein-protein interaction with BI drugs and reagents.
- Develop method and enrich and isolate ADA from huma sera.
- Process and report data and experimental results.
- Must be a current undergraduate, graduate or advanced degree student in good academic standing.
- Student must be enrolled at a college or university for the duration of the internship.
- Overall cumulative minimum GPA from last completed quarter/semester 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) preferred.
- Major or minor in related field of internship.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 12 credit hours at current college or university.
- Graduate and advanced degree students must have completed at least 9 credit hours at current college or university.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Compensation: This position offers an hourly rate typically between $20/hour and $33/hour commensurate to the level of degree program in which an applicant is actively enrolled. For an overview of our benefits please click here.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Preferred degree level: Ph.D. student.
- Preferred major: Chemistry/Biochemistry.
- Relevant courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels and good laboratory training in analytical chemistry and protein analysis.
- Experience with LC and LC/MS for quantitative and qualitative work is a must; HDX experience is desirable but not required.
- Ability to work in the laboratory independently, prepare reagents, pipet solutions quantitatively, and learn to operate computerized laboratory instrumentation is required.