Winter Co-op/Discovery DMPK Bioanalysis
The GSK Discovery US Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) organization is responsible for delivery of key DMPK support (in vitro, pharmacokinetic, and bioanalytical) to help drive early drug discovery programs.
The GSK Discovery US DMPK Bioanalysis group is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. The student’s primary responsibility will be assisting in the analysis of DMPK screening assays using both LC-MS/MS and high throughput SPE-MS/MS platforms. Working closely with bioanalytical team members, our student will learn key concepts of mass spectrometry analyses, including sample preparation, instrument/data analysis software, and data interpretation. Additionally, the individual may have opportunities to evaluate related analytical methodologies in an effort to optimize workflows. The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is expected.
Specifically, the student can expect to learn, contribute through, and come away with a tangible skill set including:
- An understanding and application of relative quantitation via LC-MS/MS and SPE-MS/MS
- Analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data to DMPK staff
- Helping with the implementation and assessment of new methodologies for sample analysis
- Assisting in troubleshooting and optimizing workflows based on experiences during instrument use and data analysis
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Chemistry or Biology, or similar disciplines.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Experience with mass spectrometry
- Experience with liquid chromatography
- Experience with pipetting
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role or hybrid role, and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location, are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
Interested in learning more? Register now on our digital learning platform (GSK Get Ahead - Connectr) where you can access interview and assessment hints and tips, speak to a mentor and learn more about life at GSK.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.