Internships in Mt. Vernon, IN (Multiple Openings)
At AstraZeneca, our purpose is to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. We believe the best way we can achieve this is to put science at the center of everything we do. It is this commitment that drives our ability to discover, develop and deliver the advancements the world needs in complex and difficult diseases like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes
The Internships will be a 10–12 week summer program. This is a paid, full time (40 hours/week) position at the AstraZeneca manufacturing facility located at 4601 Highway 62 East in Mt. Vernon, IN. Over the course of the summer, each intern will perform department specific day to day activities as assigned by their Mentor (supervisor). Each intern will also be assigned a key project of which they will be responsible for leading, executing and reporting out on to Site Leadership and staff. Internship Mentors will guide and coach interns throughout the summer. Interns will also have the opportunity to job shadow and participate in various lunch and learns to gain a broad understanding of all functions at the Mt. Vernon site.
Roles at Mt. Vernon fall under the following functional areas:
- Learning & Development
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Management
- Project Management
Individual roles' requirements vary, and the below are applicable to all:
- Studying to complete Bachelor’s degree or higher; in an area related to the role
- Basic understanding of technical areas related to functional area of internship position.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint