Winter Co-op/Site Manufacturing Science and Technology
This six-month position (January-June 2024) sits within the stie manufacturing science and technology department. The department supports the direct manufacture of biopharmaceutical bulk drug substance intended for commercial and/or clinical use. The Site MSAT organization is comprised of Site MSAT technology associates, and Site MSAT Technology managers who support all technology transfer activities.
- Manage and maintain ownership of sampling plans for ongoing biopharmaceutical assets and coordinate material hand-off and coordinate and report subsequent results.
- Determine adequacy of plant to accept new technologies and appropriate actions to implement start of new process operations.
- Responsible for development and preparation of technology transfer/process validation protocols and “hands-on” startup of production processes with operators.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of technology transfer/process validation reports or documentations.
- Collect and track process trend data and monitor process trends.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar technical disciplines.
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the 6-month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Technically oriented candidate with prior experience in biopharmaceutical operations via coursework, lab work, or industrial experience is highly preferred.
- Ideal candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills and take initiative to learn and engage with process subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and work in a highly regulated environment.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role or hybrid role, and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location, are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.