Winter Co-op/Synthetic Chemistry
Students will be working as part of GSK's Encoded-Library Technology (ELT) chemistry team located in Cambridge, MA. The ELT group is an integral part of GSK's drug discovery platform and is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team of chemists, biologists, and data scientists applying DNA-encoded libraries and other novel technologies to the discovery of new therapeutics.
We are offering a full-time, 6-month co-op position located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The primary focus of the placement will be the synthesis and design of new compounds derived from DNA-encoded library screening. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will also gain insight into the broader aspects of medicinal chemistry.
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Chemistry or similar disciplines.
- Extensive theoretical understanding and laboratory experience in organic chemistry (methodology and/or synthesis).
- Skills in synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the 6-month co-op (January 2024~June 2024).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of organic reactions, recent methodologies, reaction mechanisms, and awareness of recent developments in relevant literature.
- Motivated and driven to tackle new synthetic challenges.
- Demonstrates laboratory experience in analytical instrumentation particularly LC/MS and HPLC.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role or hybrid role, and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location, are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.