Winter Co-op/Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing
This six-month position (January-June 2024) sits within the Manufacturing Specialist department. The department supports the direct manufacture of biopharmaceutical bulk drug substance intended for commercial and/or clinical use. The Production organization is comprised of manufacturing associates, supervisors, managers, and manufacturing specialists who support all Production activities.
The Manufacturing Specialist Co-op will be part of a high performing team responsible for delivering the supply of GSK products to the One Biopharm supply chain. They will demonstrate GSK Values (Patient Focus, Transparency, Respect, & Integrity) and Expectations (Courage, Accountability, Development, & Teamwork) daily by engaging positively with team members and production support groups. This position is responsible for performing an array of tasks ranging from management of GMP documentation, management of inventory of raw materials and single-use components in the manufacturing areas, ownership of continuous improvement initiatives, participation/ownership of manufacturing investigations, among other key activities.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar technical disciplines.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the duration of the 6-month co-op (January ~ June 2024).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Technically oriented candidate with prior experience in biopharmaceutical operations via coursework, lab work, or industrial experience is highly preferred.
- Ideal candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills and take initiative to learn and engage with process subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and work in a highly regulated environment.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role or hybrid role, and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location, are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility determined the month following date of hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.