Summer 2024 Intern - Global Innovation
Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
The Strategy & Innovation (S&I) Team at General Motors focuses on impact and driving transformation. It is home to the company’s Corporate Strategy, Enterprise Data Analytics & Insights, Global Innovation, Strategic Tech Partnership and Corporate Purpose functions. Together, We are Catalysts for Change, with a relentless focus on our customers, we collaborate across the enterprise, leading with insights and challenging with “How might we?” to drive growth and shareholder value.
The goal of Global Innovation team is to foster innovation across the GM ecosystem, collaborate with cross-functional teams and grow new business opportunities.
The Global Innovation Intern will have the opportunity to work as a part of one of four phases from new idea ideation strategy to commercialization. Across each of our lifecycle phases there are key questions to be answered- ideate (where should we focus), Define (is there a compelling product), Prove (is there a compelling business) and Drive (are we set up for success). You will work to evaluate new business concepts and product ideas including assessing our competitive advantage and the size of the opportunity; conduct market research and interviews to determine the market opportunity and customer needs; develop and assess the competitive landscape, including product and pricing as well as market presence; build product roadmaps and protypes to identify technical feasibility; leverage and build key processes, tools, metrics and measurement for success; and collaborate with our cross functional partners including IT, Engineering, R&D, Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Business, or Finance
- Must be graduating between December 2024-June 2026
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred qualifications)
- Relationship builder with ability to listen well and engage others
- Ability to work comfortably with ambiguity and in new spaces
- Self-directed/ Self-Starter work ethic
- Computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in gathering customer insights & human-centered Design Thinking principles
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
This position has a planned start date of May 20, 2024.
Work Location: Warren, MI
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
Pay Transparency Language (Compensation)
- The salary range for this role is $3500-$4400 monthly, dependent upon class status and degree.
- Benefit options are not available for this role
- Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.