Site Reliability Engineer, Intern - Summer 2024
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are seeking Site Reliability Engineer interns across our Technology organization. As an intern, you will take on meaningful work, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in global case challenges and impactful initiatives. You will get the chance to work with multiple teams, systems, and products through a wide variety data sources. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and bring Visa into the next level of a rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
During the internship, you will work on one or more hands-on projects with the team. Our summer internship also equips you with social and professional networking events and developmental workshops, designed to provide you the resources and training to have an impactful summer.
Some examples of previous summer intern job duties and projects:
- Work with cross-functional co-located teams in design & development to enable higher productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing capability
- Will be responsible for programming a feature and or a feature set that will enhance our availability, resilience and Security. You will establish foundation for future implementations and automation requirements in the environment
- Investigate root cause of severe incidents and identify corrective actions
- Support process improvements to guide development and support activities and work cross-functionally with other departments to align activities and deliverables
- Identify opportunities to improve and optimize the systems, provide fixes, and follow production best practices
- Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment, and ensure the success rate of changes planned in the environment
As a summer Intern, you will be placed in one of the technology organizations at Visa and specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, and team needs.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, graduating December 2024 or later
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Proactive team player who is able to deliver on responsibilities in a timely manner with a high level of quality
- Familiar in CI/CD tooling
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Discuss, collaborate and promote architectural best practices across technology organization
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Stay on top of the open source technology and be ready to learn/adopt new technology continuously
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $26/hr to $31/hr USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.