2024 Global Consumer Insights Internship
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. As you start to explore your future career, we believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for the future of mobility – and your future, too! We’re working on some amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. You can play a key role in the development of our innovations as part of the Ford Global Consumer Insights (GCI) Internship Program.
Your journey with Ford begins over a 10 to 12-week internship program where you’ll work on an exciting, real-world challenge facing our research team. You will be part of a fast-paced market research team, working cross-functionally (spanning design thinking, design, engineering, marketing, finance, purchasing and manufacturing teams) to inspire consumer-driven decision making into the product development process. During your time here, you’ll build experience in:
- Collaboration with internal partners to set research objectives, while identifying appropriate research methodologies and gaining alignment with senior executives
- Leading research suppliers from project kick-off through project duration, and/or planning and executing creative research experiences for your team that generate actionable insights
- Ensuring consumer insights are integrated into decisions to create must-have products and services
- Making research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, experiences, and exhibits
- Delivering critical projects to ensure Ford remains customer-centered
- Expected completion of a Bachelor’s degree (Business, Market Research, Experience Architecture, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, or Cultural Studies) by September 2025
- Passionate about consumer insights and the automotive industry
- GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
• Expected completion of a Master’s or PhD program (Business, Market Research, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, or Cultural Studies) by September 2025
• Work and/or education experience applying research insights to products and services
• Strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and negotiating skills
• 0-3 years of work experience prior to completion of graduate school
• Strong business acumen and visual communication skillset (i.e. PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: 2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)