Entry Level Civil Engineer
Looking for a terrific place to build your career and write your own success story?
Balzer & Associates is searching for an Entry Level Civil Engineer. This is an incredible opportunity to lead and grow with an extremely successful firm. At Balzer & Associates, we have been delivering design solutions to clients for over 50 years and are looking for the right team members to contribute to our mission of serving the community. Our employees are recognized as the essential pillars to our development and success; therefore, our focus is on taking exceptional care of not only our clients, but of our team.
When you join our team, you are exposed to all aspects of the design process. As a multi-disciplinary firm, our staff has the unique opportunity to interact, learn, and grow in a collaborative environment where knowledge is gained every day. Our diversity of work and disciplines affords our professionals the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of projects that provide a foundation on which an outstanding career can be built.
Balzer & Associates offers a competitive, robust benefit package to full-time employees consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits.
The Entry Level Civil Engineer (Civil / LA Engineering Technician) researches, plans, designs and produces site development projects under the supervision of a project engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with project engineer to determine project requirements
- Visits project sites to become familiar with existing site conditions
- Assists in the preparation of calculations, specifications, construction documents, and inspection reports for projects as assigned using discipline-specific software
- Assists in the coordination of designs and plans with other disciplines
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and construction administration
- Supports and communicates with team members throughout all stages of design, production, approval and construction processes
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write effective reports and correspondence
- Construction document and 3D production ability
- Interpretation and application of technical instructions
- Understanding and application of design concepts
- Basic design and engineering knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and other discipline specific software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required
- Valid Virginia driver’s license is required
- Ability to complete training and testing for licensure within established time frame
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.