Structural Project Engineer
Looking for a terrific place to build your career and write your own success story?
Balzer & Associates is searching for a Structural Project Engineer. This is an incredible opportunity to lead and grow with an extremely successful firm. At Balzer & Associates, we have been delivering design solutions to clients for over 50 years and are looking for the right team members to contribute to our mission of serving the community. Our employees are recognized as the essential pillars to our development and success; therefore, our focus is on taking exceptional care of not only our clients, but of our team.
When you join our team, you are exposed to all aspects of the design process. As a multi-disciplinary firm, our staff has the unique opportunity to interact, learn, and grow in a collaborative environment where knowledge is gained every day. Our diversity of work and disciplines affords our professionals the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of projects that provide a foundation on which an outstanding career can be built.
Balzer & Associates offers a competitive, robust benefit package to full-time employees consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits.
The Structural Project Engineer uses advanced design, engineering, and project management skills in working with the structural team to complete projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects
- Prepares complete project documents
- Designs, analyzes and interprets data
- Formulates and solves problems
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and correspondence
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate in small group situations and one-on-one
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and geometry and trigonometry (as established in structural design relationships)
- Advanced proficiency in discipline specific software such as AutoCad, Revit, RISA and Enercalc
- Advanced proficiency in design / engineering concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions through the application of structural engineering principles and practices
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Organization Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Sense of Urgency
- Technical Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.