2024 Cyber Security Internship
Job Description & Qualifications:
The Cyber Security Summer Internship role provides current students with dedicated interest in Cyber Security targeted internship assignments that are designed to engage them in various security projects that promote security and control awareness throughout the enterprise.
Examples of Cyber Security Summer Intern assignments include:
- Mobile Security Engineer
- Vulnerability Management including Penetration Testing and Application Security testing (DAST/SAST)
- API Security Analysts
- Cyber Security Governance, Risk, Compliance Analyst
- In-Vehicle Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber Defense Center analyst
- Cloud Security Analyst
- Threat Intelligence analyst
- Enterprise Cyber Advisors
- Cyber Security Communication and Awareness analyst
- Data Protection Analysts (Data Loss or Insider Threat)
- Manufacturing Cyber Security analyst
Highlights of the program:
- Focused approach to assignment selection within Cyber Security functional areas
- Mentoring by senior technology leaders
- You’ll grow your IT expertise and analytical skills through collaboration with a global, cross-functional team, ownership of a well-defined project, and exposure to new technology and tools.
- You’ll learn about career opportunities at Ford, meet professionals at all levels of the company, and participate in networking and social activities with other interns and FCGs.
The Cyber Security Internship role objective is to strengthen the candidate's technical skills through rapid exposure to business activities, while allowing the candidate to gain understanding of the company’s culture and global technology organizations and business units. The goal is to support you and your transition into high performing individuals our inclusive and engaged workforce needs to meet the technology needs of tomorrow.
What are we looking for in the IT Cyber Security Internship role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Forensics, Information Assurance, Software Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for full-time work prior to September 2025 (September 2026 for Sophomore level candidates)
- Strong interest in Cyber Security functions
- Ability to function efficiently in a multi-task work environment
- Flexibility in work location (most work assignments will be located in SE Michigan with limited opportunity for fully remote work)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative to follow-up on project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand
- Work well in a small team and be flexible enough to work on any aspect of a project as needed
As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)