2024 Manufacturing Engineering- Ford College Graduate Program
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for the future of mobility – and your future, too! We’re working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing.
What you’ll be able to do:
As part of our Ford College Graduate program, you’ll discover unmatched opportunities to turn your higher education into real-world experience with a company that is redefining human mobility. Designed for those who have already completed a summer internship at Ford, this additional experience will provide you with an even stronger foundation for a future career at Ford. You will be involved in:
- Building world-class vehicles in our plants around the world, constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency.
- Manufacturing Engineers work on a team that manufactures more than 150,000 vehicles daily at 65 facilities worldwide. It is a unique opportunity to apply your engineering skillset in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Your work as a Manufacturing Intern will help improve Ford’s manufacturing production system. Specifically, you will help improve Ford’s safety, quality, delivery, cost, people, maintenance and environmental systems.
- Manufacturing offers opportunities for growth and excellence through each of the following career areas: Powertrain and Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Operations, Manufacturing Business Office, Stamping Engineering and Quality.
The Manufacturing Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program provides recent college graduates with a range of rotational, developmental job assignments during their first three years with Ford Motor Company.
To make sure you’re ready to hit the ground running and continually move forward, you’ll be supported with:
- Comprehensive orientation
- Ongoing Training opportunities
- Unique experiences
- Consistent and constructive feedback
- Individual involvement in planning and selecting assignments
- Mentoring by senior management
Responsibilities for External Candidates
To further enhance your business, technical and professional competencies, you will be assigned a mentor who will advise and guide you through the many exciting developmental assignments and electives you’ll take on. The bottom line is, we’re committed to helping you transition into our high performing, inclusive and engaged workforce with the qualities needed to drive the mobility solutions of tomorrow. Once you complete the program, you will be placed within the MFG team to continue building your career and developing your strategic expertise.
Qualifications for External Candidates
- Bachelor of Science degree in:
Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Welding Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering Material Science Engineering and Agricultural Engineering
- Must be willing to relocate
- Candidates must graduate with required degree and be available for work prior to September 2024
- Passionate about automotive industry
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment including our world class manufacturing facilities where you have the opportunity to see the product developed and completed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that are required to build relationships with team members and customers
- Have the ability to manage and deliver a program based on a project timeline
- Have the ability to use analytics to track cost, quality, safety and delivery on program projects
- Demonstrate initiative by improving output and/or helping others
- Ability to work within a diverse team (work assignments may be in SE MI or our manufacturing facilities throughout the US)
- Flexibility in work location
- Interest in the automotive industry and Manufacturing
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits.
You’ll also receive excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
To view benefits, please visit: