Data Analytics Engineering Intern – HYBRID
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis and data engineering underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry.
We are searching for a full-time intern to join our Data Analytics Engineering team within the Business Intelligence Research, Analytics, & Development department. The ideal candidate will be passionate about understanding data from distinct systems and integrating it to allow consumers to detect patterns in data and use data visualizations as part of their analyses. As part of this experience, you will work with other business intelligence developers, data engineers, and product owners on interdisciplinary projects using statistics to derive structure and knowledge from data across various parts of GEICO business.
During your paid 10-week summer internship, you will:
- Work with large, complex data sets on open ended problems, using analytical methods
- Move data from operational systems to analytical data platforms
- Analyze, interpret, transform, build, and document data structures
- Work closely with consumers to develop dashboards, reports, and forecasts
- Conduct end to end analysis from processing data and building reporting models, to making recommendations and presenting results
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams
Candidate Qualifications & Skills:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other relevant quantitative field involving data analysis, with expected graduation between December 2024 and May 2025
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Please upload ALL transcripts as part of the application process)
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data
- Familiar with statistical methods
- Familiar with data visualization and dashboard reporting techniques and platforms (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Skilled in SQL, R, Python, or other programming languages
- Self-starter, finding relevant opportunities to contribute to the workspace
- Detail-oriented, concise, and organized
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to navigate an ambiguous environment
- Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating results preferred
- Experience in Snowflake, dbt (or other ETL/ELT tools) preferred
- Must live within commutable distance from our Chevy Chase, MD or Lakeland, FL office and work a hybrid schedule, including working from the office at least two days per week
At this time, GEICO will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.