2024 Communications Internship
As we build a diverse, equitable and inclusive global Communications team, we are looking for passionate, creative professionals who can engage our target audiences with innovative ideas that break through in a fast-changing environment.
Ford Communications serves as accelerant for the company’s transformation, working to advance Ford’s business success and future vision through innovative, world-class communications. We seek to establish Ford as the world’s most trusted company through purpose-driven storytelling that inspires advocacy; build the Ford brand and create desire for our vehicles, experiences and technology solutions; demonstrate our drive to create value for stakeholders through Ford+; and inspire a culture of optimism, competitiveness and creative excellence among our Ford team and partners.
Internships are project-oriented and challenge you to demonstrate strategic thinking, business acumen and technical skills. Potential assignment areas for summer internships include:
- Ford Model e Communications
- Ford Blue Communications
- Ford Pro Communications
- Stakeholder Advocacy Communications
- Corporate, Transformation and Quality Communications
- Employee Engagement Communications
- Communications Strategy and Learning & Development
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore school status (expected graduation Spring 2026 or sooner)
- At least one relevant prior internship or work experience
- Decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Initiative to deliver results
- Strong writing, reporting and verbal communications skills
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media tools
- News reporting or editing experience
- Creative approach to communications; ability to develop innovative approaches to engaging audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with colleagues with diverse backgrounds and cultures
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.