2024 Global Data Insights and Analytics Internship
Specific responsibilities include:
The Ford Global Data, Insight and Analytics team are trusted advisors enabling Ford to see our business, know our customers, and act in a meaningful way. We enable evidence-based decision making by providing timely, actionable, and forward-looking insights to our Ford business partners.
Data Scientists focus on finding a quantifiable solution to a problem. They work with the data, choose the appropriate techniques to maximize results, and prepare a comprehensive analysis using technologies to deliver a solution.
Data Engineers are required to design and build data products and data pipelines. They will ensure robust flow of data from acquisition through curation and governance. Data engineers will enable data as a service and drive all critical data-driven initiatives.
Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning scientists develop and deploy AI and ML technology in areas such as Autonomous Vehicles, Cybersecurity, customer interaction, product design, development manufacturing, quality, and marketing of connected vehicles.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify opportunities and extract value from data beyond its face value.
- Potentially use visualization tools to describe data and generate business insights.
- Lead ELT (extract, load, transform) efforts in preparation for analytic modeling.
- Manage big data storage and processing.
- Develop data pipelines to connect various data sources.
- Integrate market and consumer analytic work streams.
- Develop analytic methods.
- Create analytics for Manufacturing, Purchasing, Model-e, Product Development, Human Resources, Legal, and other areas of the business where data can drive improvements.
- Juniors pursuing a Bachelor’s with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science, Engineering, or Physics
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 Scale (or equivalent)
- Expected graduation date is no later than September 2025
- Flexibility in work location (most work assignments will be located in SE Michigan with limited opportunity for fully remote work).
- PhD or Master's candidates with a concentration in a quantitative field such as Math, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering or Physics.
- Demonstrated skills in large scale data manipulation, machine learning and pattern recognition.
- Cloud based experience.
- Critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use existing and discoverable data to solve business problems.
- Familiarity with topics such as maximum likelihood estimation, linear and non-linear modeling, causal inference, density estimation, optimization, scheduling, time series forecasting, stochastic processes, survival analysis, data blending and data visualization, multivariate techniques such as PCA, factor analysis and cluster analysis.
- Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers.
- Experience with tools such as SQL, Python, Pyspark, Hadoop, Hive, Shell Scripting, Informatica, Java, or APIs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- A GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an outstanding team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)