2024 Software Engineering Internship
Ford Software Engineering Summer Internship: At Ford Motor Company, we are evolving into a customer centric mobility organization with the goal of delivering cutting edge connected vehicles and mobility applications to reimagine how the world moves in the future. Some of the exciting things we are working on are autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing.
What Will This Internship Do For You?
- You’ll leverage advanced technology to redefine the future of mobility, solve real human problems, and improve people’s lives.
- You’ll grow your expertise and analytical skills through collaboration with a global, cross-functional team, ownership of a well-defined project, and exposure to new technology and tools used to improve vehicles and customer experience.
- You’ll learn about career opportunities at Ford, meet professionals at all levels of the company, and participate in networking and social activities with other interns and FCGs.
What Can You Expect To Do?
- Define, design, develop and deploy applications/services with a cloud-first focus.
- Use agile, test-driven development principles to ensure quality, on-time delivery
- Contribute to development activities using Software Craftsmanship/Clean Code principles, practices and tools.
- Collaborate with global, cross-functional stakeholders and a balanced team of developers to deliver projects and features
- Work with a Product Manager, Product Designer and/or Anchor to deliver solutions
- Experience multiple environments (Vehicle, Cloud, Mobile) supporting end-to-end feature delivery.
Examples of areas of opportunity include:
- Software Development
- Digital Transformation for Customer Service
- Digital Experience in E-Commerce
- Vehicle Software & Electronic Solutions
- Architecture & Software Platform
- Vehicle Infotainment, Connectivity, and Edge Compute
- Location Based Services
- Fleet services and Applications
- Data Science
- Data Engineer
What Are We Looking For?
- Pursuit of a relevant Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field that employs software development skills
- A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- A portfolio that displays creativity and reasoned solutions
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in work location (most work assignments will be located in SE Michigan with limited opportunity for fully remote work)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for full-time work prior to September 2025 (September 2026 for Sophomore level candidates, September 2027 for Freshman level candidates)
Our preferred requirements
- Interest and experience in Customer Acquisition and User Experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with coding languages:
- Mobile: Java/Kotlin or Swift/Objective-C
- API: Java, Kotlin, Ruby, Python, Golang. C#
- A GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team
What you’ll receive in return: As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)