2024 Finance- Career Foundations Program Internship
Who We Are:
At Ford Motor Company, we value the progression of automotive modernization through the development of our talent. Our Finance team is a key partner to the organization, enabling each Ford plant, division, operation, and subsidiary to continue fostering a profitable business. As you embark on your career journey, Ford provides the ideal environment for defining and achieving professional aspirations. Our “family” culture offers a supportive environment to effectively reach your highest potential. Ford’s investment in your early career will enhance your skillset and uncover your strengths. We are searching for bright and talented candidates committed to continuous improvement. As a part of our team, you will be engaged in meaningful assignments that capitalize on Ford’s current customers, market opportunity, and heritage.
What You’ll Do:
Our internship projects last approximately 10-12 weeks. During this time, you will work on real business issues, ideate creative and meaningful solutions for our business partners, all while developing skills that will help set the foundation for a successful career. Our projects are thoughtfully curated based on the exciting things happening as we transform into Ford+. As career development is an important cornerstone of Ford Finance, during your internship, you will develop skills such as:
- Financial acumen
- Scenario modeling
- Business partnering
- Experimental thinking
Past projects have included:
- Material cost reduction opportunities across multiple vehicle lines
- Creating new financial models to improve our forecast accuracy and efficiency
- Work cross-functionally to reduce and measure our complexity objectives
- Use data analytics, external data, and benchmarks to identify opportunities
Exemplary internships may result in an offer to join Ford’s full-time Finance Career Foundation Program (CFP). As part of our Intern to CFP pathway, you’ll discover unmatched opportunities to turn your higher education into real world experience with challenging competency-based development.
Designed for those who complete a summer internship at Ford and have obtained their undergraduate degree, the Finance Career Foundation Program is an integral component of our commitment to employees’ long-term personal and professional development. This three-year program will build a strong foundation for your future Ford career through exposure to diverse aspects of the business. Throughout your three rotations, you will grow your finance expertise, develop business leadership, and expand your social and professional network through mentoring circles and networking events.
- Juniors pursuing a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, math, statistics, information technology, or liberal arts and other analytical degrees
- Must be available to start full-time work before September 2025
- Critical and analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to think strategically
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong communication abilities
- Interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- An understanding of business concepts, deductive reasoning, and quantitative skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation as well as savings and stock investment plans as part of the internship. Interns that join full time post-graduation will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous paid time off, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation, retirement and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.