2024 Service Engineering Operations and Technical Service Operations Internship
This position has the potential to be remote or hybrid.
This summer internship is a unique opportunity to demonstrate your passion to learn and be part of automotive and technology leadership, apply your automotive knowledge and business skillsets in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while developing your technical and professional skills. Over the course of 12 weeks, you will build a network of friends, colleagues, and learn valuable skills in a professional and fun environment. You see why Ford Motor Company is the place to start your career!
Service Engineering Operations (SEO) and Technical Field Operations (TFO) Analysts and Engineers are responsible for developing and delivery of technology and products that support dealerships and customers to enhance vehicle ownership, operation, and serviceability. Our teams are integrated with Product Development, Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality teams to develop diagnostic service products, create new vehicle solutions for the future, author and publish technical service information, grow the vehicle personalization accessories program and vehicle health management tools, increase technician recruiting and retention, and oversee global warranty operations.
Vehicle Personalization is a self-contained business unit within Ford Customer Service Division responsible for creating trending accessories and specialty vehicles for Ford Motor Company installed at factory, mod-centers or dealerships.
SEO Analysts and Engineers will utilize creative and analytical skills to develop, test, evaluate, integrate, transition and/or execute for projects and programs that will include evolving technologies, process improvements and new programs that will elevate the current state. TFO analysts and engineers will use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills to provide technically accurate and professionally communicated recommendations to the Dealer Technicians to help get vehicles fixed right the first time.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following Engineering majors: Computer, Applied, Automotive, Electrical, Mechanical. Also, degrees in Advanced Vehicle Systems, Analytics, Automotive Industry Management, Automotive Technology Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or Marketing
- Dec. 2024-Sept 2026 graduation dates
- Must have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Willingness to relocate to southeastern Michigan (or elsewhere in the US) potentially in the future for full time employment after graduation
- 0-3 years of related full-time experience
Preferred requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment with a diverse team
- Professional Organization Involvement or related internship experiences
- Proficient computer skills and ability to navigate various resource systems
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate the ability to use many resources to resolve complex technical and business-related concerns
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence to build relationships with team members and customers while positively representing the Ford brand
- Automotive dealership or independent hands-on diagnostic and vehicle repair experience
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)