2024 Supply Chain Ford College Graduate Program
Having the right materials in the right place at the right time is critical to the success of Ford Motor Company. These materials affect every part of our business, and the Supply Chain teams at Ford touch every part of the process as well. Our Ford College Graduate (FCG) programs are 3 years long and allow participants to rotation through areas within their function to develop strong business acumen, develop management and leadership skills, and gain cross-functional knowledge.
Our Supply Chain-focused functions include:
Materials Planning & Logistics (MP&L): This team organizes and manages the functions that support the plants. They are responsible for creating operation plans that move vehicles, parts, and materials. Work involves the transportation and planning for how materials will support internal and external customers. MP&L is not just about current model years as they’re planning up to five years into the future.
Parts, Supply, and Logistics (PS&L): This team is responsible for managing the service parts supply chain, starting with procuring them from suppliers and through shipping them to dealers. They touch all parts of the chain from planning, to purchasing to depots and on. The goal is to source, store, and distribute components for the best customer experience.
Supply Chain Purchasing: This team buys 75% of the content that goes into our vehicle. They’re also responsible for all of the equipment and support that goes into making the vehicles. All of this is done while keeping sustainability and supplier diversity at the top of their minds.
Opportunities in Supply Chain could include the following.
- Warehouse Operations Management in a parts distribution center
- Parts Analysis & Quality
- Strategy & Business Planning
- Supply Chain Management & Inventory Planning
- Transportation & Engineering Services
- Direct Part Supply Chain Purchasing including Category Implementation, Program Management, Capacity Management, and Critical Supply Team
- Indirect Supply Chain
- Special Assignment such as Supply Risk Management, Supplier Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, or Supplier Sustainability
- Early Product Development integration with Bill of Materials coordination, parts scheduling, engineering release, and prototype material control functions
- Sales Operation integration with Production Vehicle and Powertrain Capacity Planning, Constraints Management, Vehicle and Powertrain Component Scheduling and Part Requirement Forecasting.
- Manufacturing facility integration including Production Control, Material Handling, Industrial Material, and Industrial Garage
- Material Flow and Packaging Engineering
- System Planning & Implementation
- Material and Finished Vehicle Logistics
Minimum Requirements for the Supply Chain FCG Programs
- A Bachelor’s degree with a preferred concentration in Supply Chain Management (or equivalent degrees such as Materials and Logistics), Business Administration, Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Applied Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Operations Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Packaging Engineering
- Must be willing to relocate to Southeast Michigan or to any one of our many facilities located near major cities across the U.S.
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- A valid and unrestricted US Driver’s License
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- 0-3 years relevant experience
- Must be available for full time work by September 2024
Preferred Requirements for the Supply Chain FCG Programs
- Passion for the automotive industry
- Diverse perspectives
- Creative mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: 2023 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR (ford.com)