Associate Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Senior Associate Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SAS20232107-103743
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
This position is defined by a broad range of design activities which include the generation of new designs and the reuse and modification of existing designs for custom antenna control applications. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design of electrical automation control circuits, wire harnesses and interconnections for a variety of products ranging from small airborne systems to large satellite tracking antennas.
- Responsible for design of servo drive and control electronics for automation control applications, in addition to generation of schematic diagrams, assembly drawings and parts lists.
- Completes generation of block diagrams, power budgeting, and general performance analysis.
- Responsible for cable assembly design, analysis, and generation of schematic diagrams, assembly drawings and parts lists, as well as system-level interconnection drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Incorporate military and commercial design and manufacturing standards into product development and fabrication.
- Support generation of test plans and procedures and provides technical inputs for product technical manuals.
- Support technical solution approaches, technical studies, report generation, and participation in meetings and reviews.
- Assists in preparing technical presentations for both internal reviews and customer reviews.
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in Electrical Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of equivalent experience in the design of electrical circuits and/or industrial automation and wire harness assemblies.
- 1+ years of experience with 2D line drawings using AutoCAD or equivalent CAD tools.
- 2+ years of experience interpreting electrical circuit schematics, and hands-on electrical system troubleshooting techniques.
- 1+ years of experience with servo motor position, velocity, and acceleration controls.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work well with colleagues and manufacturing personnel.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must possess strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Previous experience with small- and large-scale antenna systems for communications or radar systems with positioning of optical sensors desired.
- Software familiarity with Altium Designer, MatLab, and SolidWorks.
- Familiar with PCB design and fabrication.