2024 Summer Intern – Finance Operations
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
At GM we are working to change the future of mobility as we progress towards our ultimate vision: ZERO crashes, ZERO emissions and ZERO congestion. Our Global Finance team plays a critical role in the pursuit of these goals, from helping to optimize our current operations to developing strategies and business plans that will drive our future. There has never been a better time to build a career at GM. We are currently looking for individuals to join our Intern program which will represent the next generation of Finance leaders at General Motors.
Internship assignments in Operations Finance are designed to be robust and deliver meaningful business impact. Internships provide the opportunity to learn about GM’s core business of designing, building, selling, and servicing vehicles. Potential assignments include Sales and Marketing, Product Development, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Customer Care & Aftersales, Financial Planning & Analysis, Manufacturing, and Digital Business.
In addition to an exceptional introduction to the world of corporate finance, the internship program provides a truly immersive experience by pairing candidates with an executive level advisor and a peer mentor to support growth and development over the summer. You will have the opportunity to participate in networking and social events with your peers and other future leaders, tour a manufacturing facility, and compete in a case competition. Interns who demonstrate a high level of capability throughout their summer assignment will be offered a position in our full-time TRACK (Technical Rotation and Career Knowledge) Program upon graduation.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields
- Must be graduating between December 2024 and June 2025
- Ability to work full-time, 40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks May – August 2024
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Communicate effectively, possess a high level of integrity, persistence, accountability, trust, and an ability to deal with ambiguity and take action
- Prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Understand common financial metrics like ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.
- Data analysis, learning agility, creative solutioning, and problem solving
- Possess Excel skills
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program
The salary for this role is $4,400 per month
Benefit options are not available for this role