At YHB, we aren't limited by small-firm constraints or stuck in the big-firm mentality. Our culture is based on relationships — between our teams and our clients. YHB is made up of about 300 employees based in 11 different locations across Virginia and Maryland. Public Accounting gives you the ability to get involved in several different industries to see what you may want to specialize in for the future. As a Risk Advisory Services Audit Associate, you will be responsible for planning and performing testing for YHB’s public SEC clients, as well as for non-public clients across industries such as: Financial Institutions, Non-Profit Organizations, Construction, and Education. Here at YHB your future is our main focus!
YHB is seeking a candidate to start their first year as an accountant with a public accounting firm! As a 1st Year Audit Associate, YHB provides a diverse, enjoyable, technical experience and be actively involved in audit and consulting engagements. Audit associates are assigned projects and can meet with clients starting as early as their first week! As an audit associate you will be trusted with providing consulting services. Associates gain real world experience in a wide variety of industries and are encouraged to start their career on the path that is best suited for them.
A Day in the Life:
- Perform audits
- Establish a network of client and business contacts and seek ways to increase YHB visibility among peers
- Perform IT General Controls (ITGC) and application control testing in support of YHB's audit practice
- Document the results of tests consistent with firm policy and regulatory standards including the AICPA, PCAOB, and FDICIA.
- Recognize and identify opportunities to improve audit clients' IT security posture across a variety of industries with varying IT and Business controls.
- Utilize your technical acumen to recognize emerging IT trends and determine their impact on financial audits and internal IT audits.
- Prepare complete workpapers in conformity with standards
- Guarantee assigned sections have been completed
- Assist supervisors with wrap-up through the completion of the engagement
- Review prepared returns for any errors and omissions
- Prepare for and complete CPA exam
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant field
- Requirements to achieve the CPA certification
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
What is in it for you?
- Work/life balance
- 11 Paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedules
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Dress for your day!