At YHB, we aren't limited by small-firm constraints or stuck in the big-firm mentality. Our culture is based on relationships — between our teams and our clients. YHB is made up of about 300 employees based in 11 different locations across Virginia and Maryland. Public Accounting gives you the ability to get involved in several different industries to see what you may want to specialize in for the future. As a Tax Associate at YHB, you will have the opportunity to work alongside both developing and established Public Accounting professionals who are eager to help you plant your professional roots and grow! Here at YHB your future is our main focus!
YHB is seeking a candidate to start their first year as an accountant with a public accounting firm! As a 1st Year Tax Associate, YHB provides a diverse, enjoyable, technical experience and be actively involved in tax and consulting engagements. Tax associates are assigned projects and can meet with clients starting as early as their first week! Associates gain real world experience in a wide variety of industries and are encouraged to start their career on the path that is best suited for them.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop basic tax compliance skills and knowledge for level 1 federal and state tax forms
- Follow established tax departmental procedures
- Establish a network of client and business contacts and seek ways to increase YHB visibility among peers
- Using the ability to properly apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in your everyday work
- Identifying the relevant/key issue(s) as they arise
- Preserving positive client relationships
- Clear and concise communication with Firm Leadership regarding progress and/or status of client returns
- Timely completions of work to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and thorough revision of completed work
- Maintaining up-to-date working knowledge of relevant Tax Compliance requirements and regulations.
- Organizing and ensuring the accuracy of digital workpapers, client files, and returns
- Prepare for and complete CPA exam
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or relevant field
- Requirements to achieve the CPA certification
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
What is in it for you?
- Work/life balance
- 11 Paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedules
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Dress for your day!