GE Aerospace Research 2024 Edison Rotational Program
Launch your research career with the GE Aerospace Research Edison Program. Our early career rotational program will grow your technical & leadership skills through stimulating R&D assignments, formal training, and professional coaching & mentorship. You will collaborate with world-class researchers toward achieving our mission: to create the future of flight.
Our team brings together world-class experts in the following disciplines to innovate for the aerospace industry:
- Digital & Electrical Systems … including AI/ML & Computer Vision, Power Electronics and Electric Machines, Autonomous Systems, Semiconductors, Advanced Controls & Embedded Computing, and Software, Analytics & Optimization.
- Materials & Manufacturing … including Advanced Manufacturing & Non-destructive Evaluation, Ceramics & Metallurgy, Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Coatings, Materials Characterization, Material Mechanics, and Materials & Systems Modeling
- Aero-Thermal & Mechanical Systems ... including Aerodynamics, CFD/Methods, Combustion, Component Heat Transfer, Thermal Management Systems, Mechanical Design, Probabilistic Design & Materials Informatics, and Structures & Analysis.
As an Edison Researcher, you will…
- Contribute to 3 research assignments that advance the future of flight.
- Grow your research expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for the aerospace industry.
- Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical leaders.
- Participate in leadership development experiences that enhance your professional skills and impact.
This position requires:
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
- Permanent legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
- Must be willing to work from the GE Aerospace Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
Rotations in the GE Aerospace Research Edison Program may require an individual to obtain active US Government Secret Clearance with ability to attain a Top-Secret Clearance; prerequisite for a security clearance is U.S. citizenship.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
You will stand out if you have one or more of these attributes:
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience.
- Exceptional academic performance with research orientation.
- Humble: respectful, inclusive, curious/inquisitive
- Transparent: clear communicator, collaborator, creative problem solver
- Focused: sets strategic priorities, uses data to make decisions, critical thinker
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to community/university involvement
At GE Aerospace Research, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t align perfectly with every desired qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Learn more about our team, mission, and jobs - visit us on LinkedIn or stop by our booth at NSBE, SHPE, or SWE conference.
GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Contribution Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, permissive paid time-off, paid parental benefits, tuition reimbursement programs, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and more. Relocation support is available. Performance-based salary increases are reviewed annually.