GE Aerospace Research - 2024 Edison Program Internship (Summer)
Explore the possibilities of a research career in a Summer 2024 internship at GE Aerospace Research. Technical Research Interns are the pipeline for the GE Aerospace Research Edison Program. The Research Edison Program is an intensive development role for those with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and a shared appreciation for GE's values of humility, transparency, and focus.
At GE Aerospace Research, scientists, engineers, and technicians innovate for the future of flight. An internship with us will provide valuable hands-on experience to help you launch your career in industrial research.
Our team brings together world-class experts in the following disciplines to innovate for the aerospace industry:
- Digital & Electrical Systems … including AI/ML & Computer Vision, Power Electronics and Electric Machines, Autonomous Systems, Semiconductors, Advanced Controls & Embedded Computing, and Software, Analytics & Optimization.
- Materials & Manufacturing … including Advanced Manufacturing & Non-destructive Evaluation, Ceramics & Metallurgy, Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Coatings, Materials Characterization, Material Mechanics, and Materials & Systems Modeling
- Aero-Thermal & Mechanical Systems ... including Aerodynamics, CFD/Methods, Combustion, Component Heat Transfer, Thermal Management Systems, Mechanical Design, Probabilistic Design & Materials Informatics, and Structures & Analysis.
As an Edison Research Intern, you will …
- Contribute to stimulating research projects that advance the future of flight.
- Apply your academic knowledge to real-life technical problems.
- Develop your research skills in a collaborative workplace.
- Participate in professional development & networking opportunities that enhance your leadership and communication skills.
This position requires:
- Current or upcoming enrollment in a full-time Masters Degree program at an accredited university, in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM discipline.
- Permanent legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
- Must be willing to work from the GE Aerospace Research office in Niskayuna, NY.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
You will stand out if you have one or more of these attributes:
- Exceptional academic performance with research orientation.
- Humble: respectful, inclusive, curious/inquisitive
- Transparent: clear communicator, collaborator, creative problem solver
- Focused: sets strategic priorities, uses data to make decisions, critical thinker
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to community/university involvement
At GE Aerospace Research, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your experiences don’t align perfectly with every desired qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. Learn more about our team, mission, and jobs - visit us on LinkedIn or stop by our booth at NSBE, SHPE, or SWE conference.
GE provides travel reimbursement and housing stipend for qualified interns.