2024 Summer Intern - Global Workplace Safety
Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Work Arrangement: Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
At GM, we are committed to safety in everything we do. As a Global Workplace Safety Intern you are dedicated to this aspect of our culture daily. Your work could directly affect the safety standards of the plant. You would have the opportunity to implement and coordinate projects on a global scale with a hands-on approach.
- Assist in the management of safety and industrial hygiene processes related to manufacturing, engineering and non-manufacturing operations.
- Gain a diversified knowledge of global workplace safety topics including Industrial Hygiene principles and practices to assist in the creation, coordination and implementation of workplace safety processes.
- Pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas:
- Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Health Sciences, Industrial Safety or related degree.
- Must be graduating between August 2024 and May 2028.
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week.
What will give you a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization and distill complex subjects to a wider audience.
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed.
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer centric.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the proven ability to manage multiple projects.
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Pay: The salary range for this role is $4000 - $4900, dependent upon class status and degree.
Benefits : Benefit options are not available for this role.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.