Analytical Support Division Internship (2024)
Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE:EMN)
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenue of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA.
- Assist in the development and implementation of control lab management software platforms.
- This includes upgrade and digitization of existing division work processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved instrument maintenance automation and protocols.
- Assist in the development of new instrument automation and communication capabilities, helping to reduce reliance on paper records.
- Assist in development and improvement of existing data reporting analytics such as Power BI reports and big data workflows.
Desired Skills, Attributes, Experience, and Education
- Some exposure to college chemistry labs (at least sophomore).
- Basic programming knowledge or experience (could be high school or college classes or personal experience).
- Enjoys new technology.
- Familiar with MS Office suite of programs.
- Can work well with others in a team setting.
- Doesn’t mind some remote work.
- Data analytics/math interest.
- Interest or experience in Business Informatics Reporting (Power BI).
- Experience in control charts or statistical analysis classes.