Future Opportunities Supply Chain Co-Op (Fall 2024)
Location: Hershey, PA (Open to remote)
Duration: Fall 2024 (Full time July - December 2024)
The Hershey Company manufactures the products you've known all your life. We're also among the top company brands in the world and the #1 producer of chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery products in North America. There are two co-op positions for each role in 2022. One is from January through July and the second one is from July through December. When you apply, you will be able to indicate your preference. Below are the potential Co-Op roles:
- Tracking and tracing strategic customer shipments for Hershey and Alliance partners.
- Collaborate with Hershey transportation partners to resolve any customer delivery issues.
- Work with Logistics Operations Specialists, partnering with Customer Service and our Carrier partners.
- Work with Hershey transportation partners on service requirements and process improvements.
- Assist transportation planners with planning activities.
- Analyze volume and performance reporting and identify trends and opportunity areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage/control finished goods inventories for assigned items to support customer service goals.
- Create and monitor deployment plans from the producing plants throughout the distribution network using SAP tools
- Manage freshness of inventory by recommending transfers when need between facilities and provide disposition on items that have reached a critical ship date
- Set up and maintain all JDA DRP system settings for new and existing items and make necessary modifications to achieve desired business results.
- Manage product flow using appropriate planning tools for assigned facilities. Work with the third-party operators to balance operational and shipping needs while understanding both the customer service needs for product as well as the third party's operational constraints. Inform the supply planners of issues and work with distribution management and the third party to resolve issues.
- Support the building of loads in JDA either directly or in a backup role. Understand the load building tool, load capacities, item attributes and how they influence load building.
- Identify Needs - Work with Category Managers, Packaging Development, Packaging Innovation, and Suppliers to provide visibility to supplier capabilities, technologies, items, and assets.
- Manage strategic projects – Act as project managers for strategic initiatives with our supplier base. Assist in developing and executing sourcing events for key categories.
- Perform analytics – Support the team with detailed analytics, specific to supplier costing models, spend, and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify Potential Suppliers - Match supplier capabilities with internal needs and innovation pipeline to define highest probability of success.
- Develop and maintain a 104-week forecast for assigned items, incorporating internal and external inputs.
- Generate daily reports requiring analysis of retail Point of Sale insights and inventory levels that drive change recommendations with focus on short term forecast, replenishment and process improvement.
- Actively participate in Vendor Managed Inventory efforts focused on achieving inventory and service level goals, evaluating and recommending replenishment levels while creating efficient truck loads.
- Ad hoc project efforts focused on performance improvement, process enhancements and improved communication.
- Assessments of the business environment, competitors, customers, market trends and the implications to the area of responsibility.
Customer Supply Chain:
- Customer Analytics – Role requires strong analytical skills - the ability to effectively mine both external customer and internal company data. Experience with supply or demand planning will be helpful. Some examples:
- On Time Delivery Analysis
- Tracking and tracing customer shipment data to identify key focus areas for improvement.
- Work with Hershey transport partners and customer data to identify root cause and action plans to improve on time delivery.
- Partner with customer service team to identify opportunities where order patterns can be improved to reduce complexity and improve service.
- Identify improvement areas within the current processes.
- Customer Order Pattern Behavioral Analysis – Evaluate customers’ orders and identify trend and opportunity areas that will deliver increase rebates for them and drive efficiency for Hershey
- Assist Customer Supply Chain Managers – Ad Hoc projects for various top 10 customers ranging from case fill improvement, seasonal service, reporting requirements, etc.
- Analyzing the Business: A Manufacturing Alliances Co-Op requires strong analytical skills and an ability to translate analysis on the business into recommendations affecting overall production. This includes tracking production performance against how closely manufactures attain to their scheduled plan on a weekly and monthly cadence. Ensure items are set-up quickly and correctly in SAP to enable manufacturers to produce products for The Hershey Company.
- Strategic Thinking: A Manufacturing Alliances Co-Op must have a keen view of the external environment including general trends impacting the business, competitive assessments, and an understanding of both consumers and customers. Generate weekly PowerPoint summaries to drive recommendations with a focus on production and process improvements
- Risk Analysis: A Manufacturing Alliances requires the ability to develop conclusions and act using available tools, historical data, and internal/external insights. This includes tracking supplier risk using the Dun & Bradstreet portal.
- Teamwork: A Manufacturing Alliances Co-Op must be able to collaborate across several facets of the organization as well as with key external customers. Keys to success include communication and alignment of risks and expectations, cross-functional problem solving, and the ability to consider other perspectives. Perform ad hoc analysis as needed
- Currently enrolled as a sophomore or above status with a minimum 3.3 GPA
- Supply Chain Management, Mathematics or Business majors preferred
- Superior strategic thinking and planning
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communicator to wide breadth of audiences including senior management
Please be advised that The Hershey Company welcomes all applicants to internships. However, Hershey will not provide immigration-related support for these internships.
Hershey also will not provide immigration-related sponsorship (such as H-1B) for entry-level roles should you later apply for one of those roles in the future.