Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory Intern
Please apply directly at the link below:
Summer 2024 intern
Ranked among the largest accounting and consulting firms in the country, Cherry Bekaert delivers innovative and sophisticated advisory, assurance and tax services to our clients. At Cherry Bekaert we create shared success through teamwork, energy, and expertise. We approach today’s toughest business challenges with a client-first mindset, working together to create exceptional value. We are all committed to making a difference for our people, our clients, our community, and our professions. To meet this commitment, Cherry Bekaert will provide you with the space to pursue growth and development opportunities that will guide and support you at each stage of your personal and professional journey. If you are ready to find your space and create your future, you belong with us.
Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Advisory: Tax Credits and Incentives Advisory (TCIA) team is growing! Be a part of the growth as an Intern in our Atlanta, GA, Coral Gables, FL, Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX or Tysons, VA, offices.
As a Tax Credits and Incentives Advisory Intern you will:
· Serve clients on federal credits and incentives engagements including R&D tax credit/deduction analyses, employee retention credits, and other federal credit incentive service offerings
· Develop your technical skills in a given industry/service offering to solve complex issues
· Interview technical personnel and reviewing memoranda to support the credits and incentive opportunities
· Manage the review and organization of sources of client data for credit and incentives analysis
· Support engagement teams by identifying current project status and next steps for the engagement
· Serve as the lead point-of-contact for client personnel with both tax and technical backgrounds
· Lead the assembly of the final client deliverables
· Support the evaluation of complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities
What you bring to the role:
· Juniors or seniors enrolled in an accredited accounting program, two years from graduation with 150 credit hours
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above preferred
· Interest in R&D tax incentives, federal and state incentives, and employee retention credits
· Interest in depreciation and capitalization; fixed asset review; cost segregation; software development costs is desired
· Ability to participate in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and have strong project management and organizational skills
What you can expect from us:
· Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
· The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
· A collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
· Mentorship and networking experiences with professionals of all levels
Depending upon service line, location, and workload, it is an expectation that summer and winter interns will be able to work approximately 32-40 hours per week and to be available during regular business hours/days either online or in the office.
About Cherry Bekaert:
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The hourly range for this role is $28.00 to $33.00. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.