Division Reports to: Vice President of Project Operations and Administration
Donohoe Construction Company, one of the most prominent, large, and established General Contractors in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area is actively seeking a highly motivated Estimator Intern to join our Construction Team.
The Estimator Intern will assist in the acquisition of new business through the bid process. The Estimator Intern will be office-based and will work on a variety of different project types.
As a result of our core values, integrity, hard work, and fair play, we’ve maintained a reputation of excellence across the industry. We provide ongoing training and networking programs as we strive to develop every employee to his or her maximum potential. There are no barriers to success at Donohoe Construction Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Log and assign bid number and aid in the set-up of bid file for all RFPs
- Upload and maintain RFPs to iSqFt
- Ensure that subcontractor vendor lists are up to date and accurate during each bid solicitation life cycle
- Assist with subcontractor bid solicitation and coverage
- Maintain bid roster
- Administer Donohoe Construction Company’s bid logs and bid log website
- Ensure the management of all required RFP packages on bid day
- Administer list of contract documents for completeness from ITB to bid day
- Assemble bid-turnover packages
- Order drawings as requested by estimators
- Participate and record minutes from weekly estimating department meeting
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
• Preferably working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a Construction-related discipline such as Construction Management or Civil Engineering; a mathematics background is also excepted
• Previous experience (i.e. internships) in construction management
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills