Are you ready to launch your professional career with YHB?
Each summer, YHB offers a competitive eight-week paid internship program for college students who are entering their senior year or beginning their masters program. YHB is a regional public accounting firm that values company culture above all else. Our firm takes a holistic approach to assisting clients with growing, managing, and protecting their hard work. With more than 300 accounting professionals across 11 locations in Virginia and Maryland, we partner with many of the region's most passionate leaders and organizations.
Why Work With YHB?
At YHB, we aren't limited by small-firm constraints or stuck in the big-firm mentality. Our culture is based on relationships — between our teams and our clients. YHB is committed to the values of equity, inclusion and equal opportunity for our employees and those we serve. Working at a public accounting firm gives you the ability to get involved in several different industries to see what you may want to specialize in for the future. Here at YHB your future is our main focus!
As a YHB Intern You Will Have the Opportunity to...
- Hands-on experience in working on a variety of real audit and tax projects.
- Participation in one of our Leadership Circles and staff training programs.
- Involvement in a Virginia and Mid-Atlantic community service program, such as Habitat for Humanity.
- An opportunity to develop a report and presentation to our Executive Leadership Team.
- An opportunity to meet our clients while visiting our offices across Virginia so you can see the different communities we serve.
We interview intern candidates in the fall, and those who are selected for the Summer Internship Program will work from early June through mid-July.
Our Mentorship Program:
YHB offers a mentoring experience for all our interns. Each intern will be assigned a Partner or Manager for weekly check-ins and assistance with any projects you may be working on. You will also be assigned to a “buddy” who is an employee within the company to help guide you in your professional journey with YHB. The buddy assigned to you is someone who typically has been with the firm for about a year so they can be a valuable resource you can come to for help in getting information you need.
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
- Work/life balance
- 11 Paid holidays per year
- Flexible work schedules
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Dress for your day policy
- Working towards an Accounting Degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship during the intern program or as a full-time employee
- Graduate in spring 2025
- Taken or enrolled to take Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2