Trading Bootcamp Micro-Internship
WHO WE ARE
Headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade, PEAK6 Capital Management is a proprietary options trading firm that has been defining the industry for more than 25 years. While many firms have come and gone, PEAK6 Capital Management has consistently delivered liquidity to the options market. We thrive due to our firm’s special blend of financial acumen, ability to manage risk, and cutting-edge technology.
PEAK6 Capital Management was brought to life through insatiable curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to win. We offer incredible opportunities for smart, passionate team players to solve complex problems and take calculated risks. We were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and eSports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
PEAK6 Capital Management is seeking ambitious students who are looking to showcase their passion for trading and investing. Open to all undergraduate juniors, the PEAK6 2024 Trading Bootcamp is a highly engaging one-week program that will introduce you to financial markets and equity options trading.
During the Bootcamp, you will be asked to construct a portfolio and then work with a small team of peers to deliver a final presentation to firm leadership. In the process, you and your team will gather data, analyze market conditions, iterate on potential strategies, and collaborate with PEAK6 team members. Throughout the experience, it will be a first-hand look of what a future job in the industry looks like in addition to exploring your interests in the trading world.
What you can expect from the program:
- Weeklong program containing educational sessions, hands-on project work, and access to an industry-leading trading desk
- Collaborative and challenging real-world learning experience
- Opportunity to challenge yourself and learn outside of the classroom, expanding beyond theory and putting knowledge into practice in a tangible way
- Opportunity to receive feedback from seasoned traders on assumptions, mental models, and frameworks
- Networking opportunities with PEAK6 founders, leaders, traders, and other team members
- Fully funded including flights and housing
- Consideration for future full-time employment at PEAK6 Capital Management
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Junior standing with a graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- Availability from May 20-24, 2024 or August 19-23, 2024 (two sessions available)
- Curiosity and passion for the markets
- Dedication to learning, personal growth, and career development
- Success in team environments
- Analytical and quantitative ability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
Please note that August- December is our pre-application period. If you apply during this time frame, we will keep your application on hold until we will actively start recruiting for this program in January 2024. We will be in touch with next steps in December.