Consulting Internship: Data Analysis/Data Engineering (Summer 2024)
Please also apply to this opening on our website: https://smrtr.io/fBjRs
CapTech is an award-winning consulting firm that collaborates with clients to achieve what’s possible through the power of technology. At CapTech, we’re passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. From the outset, our founders shared a collective passion to create a consultancy centered on strong relationships that would stand the test of time. Today we work alongside clients that include Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized enterprises, and government agencies, a list that spans across the country. Learn more at captechconsulting.com.
Do you want to work on real world problems with smart, collaborative peers and leaders who are invested in your success? CapTech is looking for undergraduate Juniors that are passionate about technology with a desire to solve complex business and technical problems to join our internship program, Elevate.
Elevate provides meaningful immersion into the full life cycle of a typical IT consulting project. This unique 11-week program takes place in person in our Richmond, Virginia Headquarters and simulates a client engagement where one can achieve a full understanding of the consulting experience while solving relevant client problems. Interns work in self-led teams and are paired with full-time consultants for guidance and mentorship. Additionally, interns enjoy weekly lunch-and-learns with our leadership team. CapTech interns are given the opportunity to build something that matters and create impactful value.
In 2020 and 2021, Vault.com ranked Elevate the Best Consulting Internship nationwide.
Some responsibilities you could have are:
- Clean and sort data using advanced analytics
- Design and implement a relational database to power data visualizations and analytics
- Analyze data to identify and implement key business metrics and KPIs
- Build a dashboard for executive-level clients using a data visualization tool
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify how to structure/analyze/display the data for business needs/requirements
We are seeking data analysts and data engineers for Summer 2024 who will work on integrated teams to determine and implement a solution to a business problem over the course of the summer. Characteristics of a qualified candidate include:
- Current undergraduates with expected graduation dates in December 2024 - May 2025 who will be seeking full-time work after graduation
- Demonstrated an ability to be self motivated contributors in a team environment
- Experience with datasets, SQL, ETL, Python, and/or data visualization tools
- All majors welcome to apply; Analytics, Computer Science, BIT, Systems Engineering majors preferred but not required
- Availability to work 40-hours/week Monday - Friday from May 20 - August 2
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s Richmond, VA office.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.