Data Analysis Associate Consultant (Graduating Dec 2023 - Summer 2024)
Please also apply directly on our website: https://smrtr.io/gvZgB
CapTech is an award-winning consulting firm that collaborates with clients to achieve what’s possible through the power of technology. At CapTech, we’re passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. From the outset, our founders shared a collective passion to create a consultancy centered on strong relationships that would stand the test of time. Today we work alongside clients that include Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized enterprises, and government agencies, a list that spans across the country. Learn more at captechconsulting.com.
Please note: we are hiring for this position in multiple locations (Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Denver, Philadelphia, Tysons Corner/DC, and Richmond). You will be able to designate your location preferences upon application.
CapTech Data Analysis Associate Consultants are technology enthusiasts with a passion for solving complex business problems and implementing cutting-edge data solutions for our clients. You will enjoy working within a collaborative team environment to help define and deliver innovative, data-driven solutions to our clients.
We attract creatively innovative, ethically insightful, driven, value conscious, caring, and passionate people who love what they do and bring that enthusiasm to projects.
Some of the things you will do as a Data Analysis Associate Consultant:
- Work with clients to understand their business, data, and systems needs
- Evaluate structured and unstructured datasets utilizing statistics, data mining, and data visualization
- Communicate approach and solutions with all levels of stakeholders, including executives, data scientists, application developers, business users, and customers
Our Analysts focus on driving operational excellence by addressing tooling and process pain points, promoting data-driven decision making and optimizing efficiency in partnership with various technical disciplines. They will gain an understanding of conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design and reporting.
Other ways you’ll contribute:
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems
- Identify gaps and provide business requirements for system functional specifications and business intelligence solutions
- Develop metrics, reporting structures and dashboards from disparate data sources to help measure and improve operational efficiency
- Partner with cross-functional teams, such as data science, data engineering, and customer experience to improve the data quality and user experience of reporting processes
At CapTech, you’ll find hands-on, on-the-job training and a jumpstart to your career through a variety of training initiatives – including an interactive, client-simulated college hire boot camp. Your 3-week boot camp session will kick off your CapTech career as an Associate Consultant in our one-year Discovery Program, a robust continuation of onboarding to support your transition from college to CapTech. In addition to plenty of social events and networking opportunities, we'll help facilitate your skill development with various workshops and cross-training in different areas of our business. Support from fellow employees such as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), coaches, and client stakeholders provides the mentorship needed to accelerate learning and drive internal connections.
General qualifications include:
- Graduating in December 2023 - Summer 2024 with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Data Analytics, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Prior work, internship or classroom experience in business concepts and processes with the chance to work with specific tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to be productive and collaborative while working in a largely hybrid environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability
Technical skills needed:
- Familiarity with data ingestion and transformation fundamentals, as well as working with messy data
- Experience developing data solutions using relational database management systems such as: SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Fundamental proficiency in: Python, SQL or another scripting language to extract and manipulate data
Set yourself apart with prior work/internships in a related technical field and/or this experience:
- Working with one or more data transformation tools/products: Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Google Data Fusion, Informatica, Alteryx
- Fundamental understanding of one or more cloud providers and storage solutions such as: AWS (S3), Google Cloud Platform and Storage, Azure (Blob Storage)
- Familiarity with entity relationship diagrams (ERD)
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a hybrid workforce and empowers flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.