Sales Development Summer Intern
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) Intern, you will proactively contact new prospects for Mechdyne to generate and verify new opportunities for the sales team. This person will be a quick learner to be able to understand the needs of target industries and use this knowledge effectively across multiple forms of contact media. The ideal SDR candidate will be an individual looking to kickstart their career with Mechdyne and grow professionally. SDRs are often the first contact with a prospect, so this teammate will need a very positive attitude and a go-getter approach.
What You'll Do:
- Investigate and contact all marketing-generated leads
- Proactively call new prospects based on internally developed contact lists, with the purpose of identifying sales opportunities
- Connect with prospects via email and targeted social media platforms
- Establish initial relationships and build interest in Mechdyne solutions to arrange meetings with our Technical Sales Team
- Execute communications cadences for timely campaigns as assigned by the Sales Development Coordinator
- Where possible, collect information to support qualification of opportunities utilizing SPIN techniques
- Assist in identifying new prospects and sales opportunities
- Assist with the ongoing upkeep of the different sales tools related to this role, as business needs change
Power Skills You'll Bring:
- Self-starter attitude with highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, creative, and customer-focused
- Decisive and results-oriented
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced and metrics-driven environment
- Strong decision-making skills
- Passionate desire to move up in sales
Qualifications That Will Set You Apart:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year or more of experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- The ability to combine data from Salesforce, ZoomInfo, Pardot, LinkedIn and other sales tools to identify and reach out to prospects
- Confidence to discuss innovative solutions and services that Mechdyne provides with companies around the world
- Sales development best practices by partnering with an experienced mentor
- Collaborate directly with teammates of varying levels at Mechdyne to develop and manage new campaigns.
Mechdyne is one of the world's leading providers of innovative audio, visual, and information technologies. We serve a global client base that includes a significant percentage of Fortune 500 companies, in a variety of fields and industries, such as oil and gas, university research, product design, manufacturing, government research, and training. To ensure our clients succeed, we provide comprehensive, customized solutions that include AV/IT hardware integration, technical services, software, and consulting. Mechdyne recently received a national award recognizing Business Excellence for Teammate Engagement.
Why You Should Join Mechdyne:
We Value Giving Back: We are proud to help organizations around the world. It's essential to us that we help solve problems for the greater good and make a difference on the local level. Our commitment to the communities in which we live, and work is a longstanding part of our culture.
We Value All Backgrounds: Statistics show that women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and minorities will not apply for a job if they believe they will not meet all of the listed requirements of a job. Don't be a statistic. We encourage all backgrounds to apply.
- Structured career paths
- Recognition programs
- Profit sharing
- Exciting work environment that is always evolving
- Competitive salaries
- Generous benefits package
Mechdyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Mechdyne will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.