Intern | Front Office Operation at a Cutting-Edge Medical & Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic: Unlock Your Potential in Advanced Skincare Mastery
Front Office Operation / Medical Assistant Intern
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Schedule: Monday-Friday and some Saturdays 8-5 Full time or 8-12 and 1 -5 for Part time
This exceptional opportunity presents the perfect chance for an individual who is eager to acquire comprehensive insight into the inner workings of medical office operations. By gaining this in-depth knowledge, they will be well-equipped to later pursue a fulfilling career in healthcare administration or medicine. This experience will undoubtedly provide a solid foundation for understanding the nuances of the healthcare industry, as well as the administrative and clinical procedures that ensure a smoothly-functioning medical practice.
The Front Office/Medical Assistant Intern is responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors, checking patients in and out, collecting co-pays, and entering patient information into the electronic medical record (EMR) system. The Front Office/Medical Assistant Operator will also be responsible for scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, responding to patient inquiries, and assisting the doctor with clinical and administrative tasks as needed. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Monitor the patients flow and front office operation
- Able to discuss about skin care products, and the dermatology procedures after a learning period
- May assist with some aesthetic procedures
- Greet patients and visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Check patients in and out and collect co-pays
- Enter patient information into the EMR system
- Schedule appointments and confirm patient appointments
- Answer phone calls and respond to patient inquiries
- Assist with administrative and clinical tasks as needed
- Maintain a clean and organized front office area
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to ensure smooth and efficient clinic operations
- Adhere to the privacy (HIPAA) guidelines and patient privacy regulations
- At least one year of college or equivalent, a bachelor degree preferred
- Prior experience in a medical office or customer service role preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and EMR systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills
During the initial training period, applicants will have the opportunity to become well-versed in the specific job requirements, along with gaining an understanding of skincare practices and dermatological procedures. This comprehensive learning experience is designed to familiarize trainees with the essential aspects of the role, ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in their positions. The training will delve into both the theoretical and practical components of skincare and dermatology, ultimately preparing participants for a successful career in this specialized field.
This is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the employee holding this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position. We are an equal opportunity employer.