Summer Co-op/Cell Biology
Description of Department:
The Genomic Sciences team offers world-leading talent, data and technologies in genomics to identify and validate novel drug targets, understand and progress drug development programs that have the greatest potential to become medicines for patients.
This 6-month co-op student position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the innovative research in immunology and immuno-oncology in the Genomic Sciences team.
This position will allow the selected candidate to:
- Gain knowledge and hands-on experience in drug target screening/identification and immuno-oncology.
- Study immune cell function by developing and performing in vitro cell-based assays.
- Present experimental findings to Genomic Sciences teams and across the research organization.
- Participate in project teams with GSK scientists.
- Pursuing a degree in immunology, cell biology or related field.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cell biology and immunology.
- Previous experience with basic laboratory safety training.
- Previous experience with basic laboratory research techniques, such as mammalian cell line culture, primary B cell/T cell culture, microscopy.
- While GSK embraces a flexible work environment, we do require certain positions to be onsite. Candidates who are hired for an on-site role and reside outside of 50-miles from their assigned work location are eligible for relocation stipend. This is a one-time payment to help offset housing & relocation expenses. Please refer to the position details for the requirements of each position.
- GSK Interns and Co-ops are offered a competitive hourly pay rate and benefits. Please note, benefits eligibility to be determined upon hire.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.
- If your skillsets are a match for this role, you will be contacted by our recruitment team with next steps to complete our internal World of GSK Assessment.
- Please note, you must receive a passing score to move forward in the interview process. Once your assessment is complete, a recruiter will review your results and be in touch with next steps.