Market Research Internship - Summer 2023
SOFWERX is a venue operated under an agreement between the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and DEFENSEWERX, designed to increase collaboration and innovation in order to solve the most difficult warfighter problems. SOFWERX is a forum for accelerating delivery of innovative capability, and facilitating capability refinement through exploration, experimentation, and assessment of promising technology. SOFWERX is in the heart of Ybor City, at a neutral, easily accessible facility.
Plan, lead, and coordinate team-wide market research efforts by developing and implementing data query and collection strategies, managing a landing webpage, creating collection forms, and administering a database. Use simple Excel functions and formulas to perform quantitative analysis on research submissions. Conduct market research on USSOCOM areas of interest to find emerging technologies that would contribute to SOFWERX’s goals and projects. Evaluate academic publications and technical reports to identify the characteristics, capabilities, and limitations of the science or technology. Scout and source experts from academia, industry, and laboratories and consolidate findings into research reports. Create Market Research curriculum, facilitate training, and develop new tools, techniques, and practices to optimize the Market Research process. Present briefings and presentations to the SOFWERX team.
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Junior or Senior Collegiate Student, with a current GPA of 3.0 or above
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree related to STEM or Business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Experience working with a variety of STEM efforts
- Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
- This position requires a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week during the Fall/Spring semesters and up to 29 during the Summer semester
- This internship is in-person with limited remote work opportunities